Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My New (Simple) Skin Care Regimen

Nothing annoys me more than the fact that I am well past my teen years and still suffer from the occasional breakout. I have tried to maintain my stress as best as I can but it hasn't been easy. Unfortunately, whatever I am going through acts out on my face. The past few months the breakouts have been crazy. Nothing I have tried has worked so I had to schedule an appointment with my dermatologist. I took all the products I had been using on my face and subjected myself to her gentle scolding.

My derm informed me that I was using way too much on my face and was probably making the situation worse. She suggested that I stop using all the cleansers and of course told me Cetaphil was the only cleanser I needed. Honestly, Cetaphil just doesn't cut it for my skin anymore. She prescribed Tretinoin Cream and a 60 day oral antibiotic, Doxycycline.
I tweaked the regimen a little, I know, I know, I should follow doctor's orders but I know that Cetaphil does nothing for my skin. It doesn't clean particularly well. While looking for a gentle cleanser with zero bells, whistles, and empty promises, I decided on Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. I've been on this regimen for almost two weeks. I'll let you guys know how its working for me in a few weeks.

What's your current skin care routine? I'd love to know so please leave a comment!






No comments:

Post a Comment